A drum set is so much more than just the drums themselves. There are lots of different pieces of equipment that play an integral part in setting up your kit, and one of these pieces is the Hi-Hat stand.
The Hi-Hat stand has no bearing on the drums themselves, but it plays a very important part in controlling your cymbals.
If you want smooth, great quality from your cymbals then you will need to invest in a good Hi-Hat stand to do the job. Otherwise, you will find that both the pressure and sound of your cymbals is off.
But finding the perfect Hi-Hat stand for your drum set can be difficult, simply because there are so many makes and models available.
To help you out, we’ve put together this handy guide to the 5 best Hi Hat stands on the market. So if you want to find out more, then keep on reading.
OUR TOP PICK
Our top pick Hi Hat stand on the market is the DW Drum Workshop CP5500TD 5000 Hi-Hat stand. This is an excellent option because it is simply so easy to use.
The stand is totally adjustable, allowing you to customize it to your exact needs, so that you can adjust the height to fit perfectly to the rest of your drum set. Not only is this stand easily adjustable, but it also comes with memory locks.
This means that once you have adjusted the stand to your desired height and measurements, it will remember these ready for the next time that you set up the stand.
This makes it the perfect choice if you regularly go on gigs that require you to set up your drum set quickly. So with all this considered, it is clear that this is a great choice.
- Memory Locks - mean that your previous adjustments will be remembered so that setting up this stand is simple
- Easily Adjustable - you will only to adjust this stand once, and when you do, it will be easy to get this stand to the perfect measurements
- Rotating Base - allows you to adjust this device to the specific floor to stand measurement that you need for your drum set
- No notable drawbacks
We also love the Gibraltar 5707 Medium Weight Hi-Hat stand. This is another great choice if you regularly spend time gigging, but don’t want to spend a lot of money on a hi hat stand.
This device comes with a sturdy design that will be able to withstand the everyday wear and tear of transporting it from gig to gig.
Additionally, it is very lightweight which makes it easily portable, and also means that you can easily fit it into the back of your vehicle for the journey to your next gig.
This stand is a budget option, so you shouldn’t expect wonders from it. But for the price that you are paying it is excellent value, and definitely one of the best options on the market.
- Sturdy Design - well-constructed with top-quality materials to ensure that this hi hat stand is insanely durable
- Low Weight - makes this device easily portable, perfect for drummers who spend a lot of time on the road
- Excellent for Gigging - fast and easy set-up makes this stand perfect for drummers who gig
- Quality Equivalent to Price - this is a budget hi-hat stand, so you shouldn’t expect years of regular use out of it
Alternatively, you should consider the Griffin Premium 2 Leg Hi-Hat stand. This is another wonderful option that is great if you regularly complete gigs and need a stand to take on the road.
It is easily convertible and can be adjusted depending on the number of legs that you need to use. It also comes with 360-degree rotation which makes this one of the most flexible options that we have looked at on this list.
But the best thing about this Hi Hat stand is that it comes with a lot of deluxe features which you would not get from a cheaper stand.
This includes anti-slip rubber feet and a cymbal clutch. So with all of this considered, there’s no doubt this is one of the best options available.
- Easily Convertible - can be converted into various different designs depending on how many legs you want the stand to have
- 360-Degree Rotation - legs can be converted up to 360 degrees giving you ultimate freedom and flexibility as possible
- Deluxe Features - includes deluxe cymbal clutch and large anti-slip rubber feet which you would not get on cheaper models
- Pricier Option - This is one of the more expensive options that we have looked at in this list
Another great choice is the Pacific Drums DW700 Series Hi Hat stand. Of all the stands that we have looked at on this list, this is the best option if you are new to drumming.
It isn’t the best option for people who regularly use hi hat stands, but if you are a beginner at drumming then it really is the perfect choice. It is produced by a reputable brand, so that you know that you are paying for good quality.
Furthermore, it is also built with double braced legs which give this stand more strength. So if you want a hi hat stand that is great for beginners, this is the one for you.
- Reputable Brand - produced by a well-known brand in the music industry, so there is an element of trust
- Double Braced Legs - make the legs of this stand a lot stronger
- Great for Beginners - not the best option for those who will use the stand regularly, but great for those who are just starting out
- Will Not Last - this is a cheaper option, so you shouldn’t expect this stand to withstand everyday wear and tear
Finally, we would recommend the Yamaha HS-650A Hi Hat stand. This is another excellent choice if you want to buy from a reputable brand as Yamaha is one of the leading companies in the music industry.
Additionally, this stand is also built to be compact and lightweight which makes it perfect for if you need to move it around regularly.
It is not the sturdiest design, so it will not withstand an intense gigging schedule, but if you only play shows every now and again then this could be a great choice for you.
- Lightweight Design - designed to be lightweight so that you can move it around without straining yourself
- Lengthy Warranty - comes with 5 years warranty when bought through Amazon so that your purchase is protected
- Compact - folds away easily when not in use, or for if you want to take it on a gig with you
- Better for Home Use - the slightly flimsy design of this stand means that it might struggle with being used on the road
So there you have it, a complete guide to the top 5 best Hi Hat stands that are currently available on the market.
So if you are looking for a new Hi Hat stand we would definitely recommend checking out one of the options that we’ve looked at above.
Last update on 2022-11-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API