Do you have a toddler on your hands that is full of energy? If so, you are likely on the lookout for a toy that will keep them stimulated and entertained. You may have bought them many toys in the past which have failed to keep them engaged for longer than 5 minutes.
I’m sure you're familiar with the scene of your little ones rushing to open the packaging only to get bored shortly after.
A toddler drum set offers the perfect solution. Not only will it familiarize them with the concept of different sounds but it will also aid in the development of their sensory skills, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, and concentration whilst allowing them to explore their creativity.
We have browsed the market and selected our top 10 picks of the best toddler drum sets on offer. To help you select the best product, we have also provided you with a handy buyer’s guide identifying the factors that you should consider before making your purchase.
OUR TOP PICK
The Vtech KidiBeats Drum Set is intended for toddlers and young children aged between 2 and 5 years of age.
As an educational toy, it will benefit their sensory development as each of the three drum pads produces its own unique sound. It will also help them learn their numbers and letters.
There are 9 melodies to choose from including styles such as dance, pop, and rock and the choice of 4 modes allows for either free play, numbers, and letters or playing along with the LED lights.
Because of this, you can select the mode that will keep your little one engaged and entertained.
As this set is compactly sized your toddler can enjoy playing it almost anywhere, and you don’t have to worry about it consuming a lot of storage space.
- Development - this set has many benefits upon development including sensory, memory, creativity, and phonics.
- Automatic Shut Off - turns the unit off if it has been idle for some time to preserve the memory.
- Volume Control - allows parents to control the volume of the sound.
- Size - It is rather small so may not be suitable for older toddlers.
If you are looking for a drum set that is equipped with several features that your toddler is sure to love, the Rabing Kids Electric Drum Set could be an excellent choice. It is suitable for children between the ages of 3 and 12 and is a great educational tool.
This set is designed with 3 drum pads, 2 cymbals, and a microphone with a cable and adjustment bracket. There are also 5 modes to choose from along with a selection of songs and sound effects.
In regards to build quality, this set has been made from ABS plastic which is eco-friendly and free from lead and BPA so it is safe for your toddler.
- Function Keys - allow for easy altering of the play modes and adjustments to the volume, etc.
- Design - as this is a colorful drum set, it will familiarize your toddler with a range of colors.
- Assembly - it's super easy to assemble so your toddlers can begin playing within minutes.
- Volume - this set is a little loud and may be off-putting to some toddlers and parents.
The Fajiabao Drum Set is recommended for toddlers 3 years of age and onwards.
Your toddler can enjoy beating the drums, hitting the cymbals, and singing into the microphone and there are 4 different learning modes to choose from; freestyle mode for little ones who would like to play independently, or the choice to play along as the drum pads light up.
Thanks to the settings displayed on the body of the drums, the volume can be adjusted with ease. The buttons for each of the modes are also situated alongside this, so your toddlers can flick them when they please.
Made from high-quality materials, this set boasts a sturdy and durable structure. It is also compact and easy to store.
- The Design - the colorful appearance of this drum set is likely to appeal to your toddler.
- Durable - made from strong plastic, it can withstand toddler’s tough handling.
- Features - it is equipped with multiple features to keep your toddler entertained.
- Quality - the cymbals are a little loose.
Suitable for children between the ages of 4 and 12, the Prextex Kids Electric Drum Set is a great learning toy that will benefit their sensory development. As it is slightly more substantially built than our previous picks it can be played seated or standing up.
This set has a microphone, a cymbal, and 3 drum pads which each make a unique sound following contact with the drum sticks. It also comes with a pedal that imitates the feel of a real drum set.
Your toddler can either play freestyle or they can choose from 4 different light up music modes. The addition of the microphone will also make them feel as though they are performing at their own show.
- Assembly - this drum set can be assembled in a matter of minutes.
- Stool - allows your children to sit comfortably as they enjoy creating sounds on the drum pads.
- Durable - as this set has been made from durable, child friendly materials it will be suitable for long-lasting use.
- The stool - because it doesn’t have grips on the bottom it is prone to sliding.
The POKONBOY Toddler Drum Set is an excellent learning resource that can be enjoyed by children between 2 and 12 years of age. The unit features 3 drum pads, 2 cymbals, and a microphone.
There are 5 light music modes to choose from along with 4 different sound effects and 10 songs. Each of these settings can be controlled via the buttons on the body of the unit, where you will also be able to alter the volume.
As for construction, the set and components have been made from eco-friendly ABS plastic that is free from BPA and lead. Because of this, you can be sure that it doesn’t present any risks to your toddler as they enjoy using it.
- Benefits development - the combination of lights and bright colors will enhance their fine motor skills, auditory sensory skills, and hand-eye coordination.
- Durability - it is well built with a sturdy structure so will not get damaged easily.
- Size - Thanks to the small size of the unit, it can be played anywhere and doesn’t require a lot of room for storage.
- Volume - the volume can’t be decreased so some parents may find it a little too loud and distracting.
Equipped with many exciting features, the WolVol Electric Drum Set has two drum surfaces, a cymbal, a microphone, and a stool. It is also more substantially built than some of our previous picks and can be played standing up or sitting down.
This drum set has been designed using a palette of bright colors which is bound to attract your toddler's attention. The stars on the surface of the drum pad will also illuminate to encourage your little one to hit the surface using the sticks.
Whilst this set will of course enhance your toddlers' awareness of different sounds, the motion of hitting the drums as they illuminate will improve their hand-eye coordination along with their fine motor skills and memory skills.
- Features - there are lots of different features for your toddler to enjoy.
- Stool - as this drum set comes with a stool your toddler can sit down as they play with their drum set if they would prefer.
- Assembly - this drum set is easy to install and can be done within a few minutes.
- Quality - the surface of the drums is finished with cardboard which may not be effective in withstanding frequent use.
The EMAAS Jazz Drum Set For Kids is an ideal option for slightly older toddlers, in fact, the recommended age is children between the ages of 3 and 12.
In comparison to our previous selections, it has a slightly more advanced design that will enhance your toddler’s music abilities and creativity.
This is an 11 piece set that comes with a bass drum and accompanying foot pedal, 2 large drums and 2 smaller drums, 2 drumsticks, a kick pedal, and 2 cymbals.
The design of this set replicates the appearance of a typical drum set and is something that can grow with them as they get older.
As this set has been made from high-quality materials, the drums produce a clear sound. It can also benefit your toddler's motor skills, concentration, and hand-eye coordination.
- Price - this set retails within a relatively affordable price range which is ideal for parents on a budget.
- Lightweight - the portable design makes it easier to transport to different rooms.
- Design - the sturdiness of this drum set ensures that it delivers long-lasting use.
- Assembly - putting the drums together can be a little challenging as the instructions provided aren’t very clear.
Children aged 3 years and older are bound to enjoy playing with this Dimple Toy Drum Set. The kit includes 3 drum pads, a bass drum and pedal, 2 drum sticks, a stool, a microphone, and a cymbal, plenty to keep them occupied for hours!
It is a great tool for your toddler's development and will enhance their creativity as well as improving their hand-to-eye coordination and rhythm. There are 5 buttons that will play different music and the lights will indicate which drum pad your child should hit next.
As this drum set comes with a stool, your toddler can sit down whilst they play with it if they choose. The microphone can also be moved and angled at a position that is within reach of your toddler.
- Warranty - this set is covered by a 1 year comprehensive craftsmanship warranty should you experience any problems.
- Assembly - the different parts of this drum set are easy to put together.
- Volume Controls - the volume of the sound can be adjusted so that it isn’t too loud for you and your toddler.
- Quality - unfortunately, some parts of this drum set are prone to breaking easily.
If you are looking for a slightly more advanced drum set, the Best Choice Products beginner 3 piece Drum Set is a strong contender. It is intended for children aged 3 years and above and familiarizes them with all of the important sounds of drumming.
The set comprises 2 toms, a bass drum and bass pedal, a cymbal, and 2 drum sticks. The stool also provides your child with a comfortable place to sit.
Boasting a high-quality design, the drums are made with sealed wood shells which have been shaped to ensure that a warm tone is produced.
The sleek hardware is easy to assemble and can be adjusted if necessary. The high gloss finish also oozes a bright and classy appeal.
Although this drum set is slightly bulkier than some competitor offerings, it remains an excellent size for toddlers and young children.
- Colors - there are 3 different colors available so you can select the preferred option.
- Quality - as this drum set has been made to a high standard it will serve your toddler long-lasting use.
- Assembly - this drum set can be put together with ease.
- The size - some customers have reported that this drum set was smaller than they were anticipating.
The HOMILY Drum Set is an ideal choice for young toddlers aged 2 and onwards. The colorful aesthetic is likely to attract the attention of your toddler. It has also been made from eco-friendly, non-toxic materials which makes it safe for children.
There are multiple modes to choose from, this includes 10 songs, 4 funny sound effects, 5 hitting sounds that have matching lights, and 3 different rhythm simulated drum sounds. As such, this set will provide your toddler with hours of entertainment and enjoyment.
This drum set has 3 drum pads, 2 cymbals, a microphone, and 2 drum sticks. The settings are also clearly presented in button form on the front of the unit which makes it easy for your toddler to use.
- Cost - this drum set retails at a relatively affordable price providing a budget friendly option.
- Size - as this is a compactly sized drum set it can easily be carried to different rooms without consuming a lot of space.
- Volume Control - there is a button that can be used to increase or decrease the volume when necessary.
- Quality - the drumsticks are designed with foam tips which are prone to coming off easily.
Before investing in a drum set for your toddler, there are several factors that you will need to consider beforehand. We have listed the criteria that are likely to influence your purchase below.
Is the drum set simply designed or slightly more advanced? Just because these products are categorized under the same umbrella of ''toddler'' friendly, this doesn't mean that they are all going to be of the same level of complexity.
Whilst some will simply provide your toddler with a surface to bang on and create noise, others may require them to have a little more knowledge regarding its purpose and use.
Whilst you want your toddler to get lots of enjoyment out of their drum set, some produce particularly loud noise, which may be overwhelming for your toddler and distracting to others in the same room as them.
Look out for a set that comes with a volume setting that allows you to control the noise level accordingly.
Toddlers, particularly those of a younger age, can be quite tough when handling their toys so you want to select a drum set that can withstand this heavy-handedness without breaking.
Drum sets for toddlers of a younger age are typically made from plastic and those intended for older toddlers typically feature metal components. Ensure that the drum set you choose is durable enough to withstand frequent use.
It is important to consider how much space you have available to store the drum set. Those intended for toddlers are smaller than standard drum sets, however, some will still be a little bulky.
Also, remember that your toddler will require space to play with their drum set, so ensure that you have the room to accommodate this.
The majority of drum sets will be easy to assemble, especially those intended for younger toddlers because they typically sport a one-piece design. Others will have slightly more advanced requirements.
It is important to check that the drum set you choose provides you with everything that you need to set it up with ease.
On the whole, toddler drum sets tend to be a pretty affordable purchase. Whilst you want to select a set that your toddler will love, it is also important to cater your purchase towards your budget too.
Those that retail at a slightly higher price tends to have more features, many of which are similar to those found on standard sets. However, you will find cheaper alternatives that are just as worthy of purchase and will still provide your toddler with endless hours of fun.
Frequently Asked Questions
What age is a junior drum set for?
There isn't a definitive age for which all drum sets are intended for. Many characteristics can influence the recommended age, such as the complexity of the drum set along with the build size and height.
The majority of junior drum sets are suitable for those between the age of 3 and 10.
Last update on 2022-05-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API